vendredi 4 novembre 2011

Tyrion Lannister, son of Tywin

It's been a while since I want to draw a character from 'A Song of Ice and Fire', by Georges RR Martin. It was hard to get rid of the image of Peter Dinklage, who is great in the TV show, so I tried to get close to my first impression of the character I had in the books. But well, the result is very close to Mr Dinklage... I will try to be more original with the other Lannisters. Yeah, because I want to draw the whole family now !

I wanted to draw Tyrion in battle suit. I don't know why, but I was influenced by the Blackwater Battle. My first idea was to draw him when he's wounded, but I decided to save the dynamic scene for his elder brother. So finally, I decided to draw Tyrion before the battle, in his tent, finishing to suit him up.
So Here are some compo thumbs. I choose the middle one, more easy to catch the whole bunch of details ( the helmet, the wine and books, the girl).
Some colored thumbs, pretty similars. The final is a mix of the 2 last ones.

And then the illustration...


Stay tuned !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire